Born November 1943 in Brno, Czech Republic. Studied graphics and painting under Academic Painter Prof. Dr. Zamazal and Prof. Bruckner at SUR, Brno. Graduated from Faculty of Architecture at VST, Brno, Czech Republic. Moved to Canada in1968. Canadian citizen since 1973. Lives and works near Vancouver, B.C. as an artist and designer.
Rudy paints in almost all media, sculpts wood; hand builds clay reliefs, statues and pottery. Painting and drawing has been his interest from early age, clay modeling and wood sculpting from a few years later.
Immigrated to Vienna, Austria and in 1968 relocated to Winnipeg, Canada. Three years later he moved to Vancouver, British Columbia. He was employed from 1971 to 1989 as an in-house architect for several chains of Canadian stores. In 1989 established his own company where he designed countless store interiors, private dwellings, restaurants, hotels and other public institutions while producing paintings and sculptures in between his projects. Being a creative person, his life was always thorn between the company and his artistic ambitions. His drive towards art finally determined his position. For the last fifteen years his time is exclusively devoted to painting. Rudy’s studio is located in Tsawwassen near Vancouver.
There are emotions which burn into your psyche like acid into the glass.
As a young boy I leafed through many art books absorbing images from pages in a blessed state of amazement. I did that often.
It has captured me to this day and held me in suspended mercilessly in its claws; chewing on common opinions and rules seeded by my contact with society.
In my works on canvas I am seeking not only the images but also the feeling of elation, excitement and atmosphere of the moment I render. I try to enhance reality to higher points in the fashion most suitable employing pliable imagination without distortions to the final outcome. I create to please myself.
On my journey through styles and influences I ended up with complicated naturalisms which encompass almost everything; it is the beginning and without doubt also the end.
To experience and paint the reality is miraculous; to paint it as a self orchestrated scene is divine.
Rudy Karel Schneeweiss
– First place in graphics – Biennale Prague 63, Czech Republic
– Pallas Galerie, Exhibition of paintings and graphics, Piestany, Slovakia
– One Man Exhibition – C.S T.V. Brno, Czech Republic
– ONV Exhibition, Zlin, Czech Republic
– 1967 Exhibition, Znojmo, Czech Republic
– Showing at Gurtel Untenbrucke Gallery in Vienna, Austria
– Collective Surrealist Exhibit – Landsberg am Lech, Germany
– Exhibition, Galerie Krause, Zurich, Switzerland
– Collective Exhibit – Landsberg am Lech, Germany
– 1977 Exhibition at Lonsdale Art Gallery, North Vancouver, Canada
– Galerie Nuovo , Exhibition – Modena, Italy
– 1980 Exhibition at Lonsdale Art Gallery, North Vancouver, Canada
– One Man Exhibition – Great Pacific Canvas Company, Vancouver, Canada
– One Man Exhibition – Grace Gallery, Vancouver, Canada
– 2003-9 Pernament exhibition at Gala Gallery, West Vancouver, Canada
– 2004-6 Pernament exhibition at West Coast Gallery, Whistler, Canada
– 2007 Exhibition at Mariposa Artworks, Phoenix, USA
– 2007 One man exhibition at WVYC, West Vancouver, Canada